[fpc-pascal] Different Object Code formats

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 21:40:13 CET 2007

On 1/26/07, Matt Emson <memsom at interalpha.co.uk> wrote:
> Or, if CodeWarrior has an assembler (it does on some platforms, not others),
> it might be worth just going that route. It might well be simpler to create
> .s files and have codewarrior assemble and link them.

Unfortunately the Symbian UIQ SDK only contains a linker, a c/c++
compiler and a resource compiler. There is no assembler there. I
already asked if they could provide a compatible assembler, but there
was no positive answer on Symbian forum so far.

> The other thing to look at: does the CodeWarrior have a native object format? I know it does under
> MacOS for PEF target. It might be a lot simpler to implement their native
> object format as, at least under PowerPC, the COFF support sucks.

That would be interresting to know. Just hope someone on symbian forum
knows about this...

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho