[fpc-pascal] fpdoc and three packages

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Wed Nov 29 09:51:19 CET 2006

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have 3 packages using fpdoc documentation in the tiOPF project.
> Core, Options and GUI. I generate the html help as shown below. I have
> 2 problems...
>
> 1) The index.html file gets overwritten with the last package when the
> html help is generate, so I don't have a index page for the first two
> packages.  How can I get the three packages to merge there index.html
> pages, or do I have to create it manually and then have the 3 packages
> as a sub-directory of that.
>
> eg:
> /html
>   index.html  <-- manually create listing three packages
>   /core
>     index.html    <-- auto generated by fpdoc
>   /options
>     index.html    <-- auto generated by fpdoc
>   /gui
>     index.html    <-- auto generated by fpdoc

You'll have to do it like this.

> 2) How do I reference one package docs from another. For example I
> have a abstract class in Core and in Options is all the descendants.
> I want to create a See Also list in Core's documentation so the user
> can see the concrete class documentation in Options package.  Also
> creating sub-directories as mentioned in (1), wouldn't that cause
> problems linking two or more packages docs?

Normally not. You should
1. Generate a .toc file (explained in the docs)
2. Reference a something in another package using #packagename.unit.identifier
3. Import the .toc file for the packages you refer to when generating docs
   for step 2. Do not move the .toc file, as it's location is used to
   determine the .html files.

Michael.