[fpc-pascal] fpdoc and three packages

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 09:38:32 CET 2006

Hi,

I have 3 packages using fpdoc documentation in the tiOPF project.
Core, Options and GUI. I generate the html help as shown below. I have
2 problems...

1) The index.html file gets overwritten with the last package when the
html help is generate, so I don't have a index page for the first two
packages.  How can I get the three packages to merge there index.html
pages, or do I have to create it manually and then have the 3 packages
as a sub-directory of that.

eg:
/html
   index.html  <-- manually create listing three packages
   /core
     index.html    <-- auto generated by fpdoc
   /options
     index.html    <-- auto generated by fpdoc
   /gui
     index.html    <-- auto generated by fpdoc

2) How do I reference one package docs from another. For example I
have a abstract class in Core and in Options is all the descendants.
I want to create a See Also list in Core's documentation so the user
can see the concrete class documentation in Options package.  Also
creating sub-directories as mentioned in (1), wouldn't that cause
problems linking two or more packages docs?

[...sorry for the text wrapping...]

fpdoc --format=html --package=tiOPF2Core --output=html/ \
    --input='-Fi../Source/Core ../Source/Core/tiConstants.pas'
--descr=xml/core/ticonstants.xml \
    --input='-Fi../Source/Core ../Source/Core/tiBaseObject.pas'
--descr=xml/core/tibaseobject.xml \
    --input='-Fi../Source/Core ../Source/Core/tiVisitor.pas'
--descr=xml/core/tivisitor.xml \
  <....>
fpdoc --format=html --package=tiOPF2Options --output=html/ \
  <....>

--
Graeme Geldenhuys
Location: S 34° 03.168'  E018° 49.342'