[fpc-pascal] Lazarus.

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat May 6 13:50:59 CEST 2006

On 5/6/06, Geoff Bagley <geoff.bagley at btinternet.com> wrote:
> The only Lazarus downloads I see are for Windows, whatever that is.

Not really. There are pre-compiled packages for Linux and Mac OS X also.

The download page is this one:

> Please can you recommend the best way to start using Lazarus ?

Unfortunately there aren´t yet Debian packages, but only RPM Linux packages.

The good thing is that you can convert the rpm packages to debian ones
=) and then install them.

Install instructions for Debian are here:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/Installing_Lazarus#Installing_Lazarus_under_Debian_GNU.2FLinux

I think it´s probably best to use the "Another way to install Lazarus
under Debian".
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho