[fpc-pascal] Magnifier vs xmag

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 18:16:02 CEST 2006

On 8/5/06, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
<felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unlike most similar programs the magnifier does not open a separate
> window for the magnification but instead puts a movable magnifying
> glass on screen. So I would say this makes it easier to use.

Thanks for the info Felipe.  Looking at the website, and the above
mentioned feature (replicating a real-world magnifying glass).  How do
you magnify something in the extreme corners of the screen? Doesn't it
magnify whatever is behind the centre of the magnifying window?  With
the xmag tool, it changes the cursor the a TopLeft (corner) cursor, so
it is easy to magnify screen corners or screen edges.

One last question (I guess I must try it out to answer the rest of my
questions).  I gather it works like a real-world magnifying glass.
Where you move the window, it magnifies the background.  Can you
lock/freeze the image, and move the window do a different location?

PS:
It looks pretty cool though and I like the idea that it is cross-platform.

Regards,
  Graeme.

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1