[fpc-pascal] Division by Zero - not raised exception

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Tue Apr 18 16:23:14 CEST 2006

Sasa Zeman wrote:
>> The problem was when you kept insisting that the compiler wastes
>> memory and should be optimized (with a target of 128MB physical
>
> Please read all carfully, you mis-interpreting whole thing again.
>
> If you want more developers in the team, simply "yes or not" is not enough.
> Explain how else to know more fact about current implementation without
> reading source and waste time on this. On that way I may want to look in the
> code and try to find way to optimize the process. You and Vreman constantly
> close the circle ("dead loop").
>
> In any event, you cannot say that compiler and linker algorithm is optimized
> enough for each platform.

Of course not and nobody said so. As I said several times, main design goal is
portability and maintainability, speed and memory are considered as less
important by the current contributors.

> You also keep to ignore insulting and insinuations wrote here. If this is a
> way to prevent any suggestion and problem reporting, this mailing list
> should be declared "for developer only".
>
>> That does not force you to work with experimental features such as
>> the undocumented internal linker.
>
> That is not the point here. Please read Peter Vreman's and my own posts
> carfully again.
>
>> Unless you have no interest at all in providing commercial grade
>> support, because it's just a hobby and you want to be free regarding
>> how much time you spend on it, on what you spend it.
>
> Unless you calculate number od Delphi developer world wide.
> I doubt that anyone will skip the lucruative oportunity.
>
> And I doubt any contributor will work just for credit, except perhaps
> students or retirement people.

You should really start to understand Open Source. You don't do currently,
sorry. All of us work just for credit or even only fun and we're neither
students (ok, I'am preparing a PhD in my leisure, not related to FPC, but
besides this I've a fulltime job) or retired. Same applies to most other current
FPC contributors and Lazarus developers.