[fpc-pascal] Linking Pascal code to C/C++ static libraries under Windows

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Thu Aug 18 23:26:56 CEST 2005

Date sent:      	Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:48:32 -0600
To:             	fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org
From:           	"Lowell C. Savage" <savage at lanl.gov>
Subject:        	Re: [fpc-pascal] Linking Pascal code to C/C++ static libraries
	under Windows
Send reply to:  	FPC-Pascal users discussions <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org>
	<mailto:fpc-pascal-request at lists.freepascal.org?subject=subscribe>

> I would also have thought that with all the object formats that GCC
> emits, that one of them would be the object format used by VC, in
> which case using VC's linker would work.

Well, I didn't think about this path (compiling FPC program to MS
object file format and using the MS linker), although _in_theory_
this might be an option too by using one of external assemblers
supported in FPC which would be capable of creating the required
object format (e.g. NASM?) for MS linker (I'd expect even more
problems there, though).

> However, I was able to get a DLL compiled that I could link up and run
> (without getting an error that the DLL was missing when the program
> started.)
>
> I hope to get some time in the next few days to put together a simple
> tutorial/sample showing how to do it.

Glad to hear that you have succeeded.

Tomas