[fpc-pascal]Better/full internet-support in FPC on Linux?

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 07:20:03 CET 2004

> Well there is always libCurl.  I've looked this over
> and it looks quite thourough check it out.

LibCurl doesn't expose it's DNS functions directly.

Earlier versions use basically the same system calls as your pascal
program would. However, the more recent versions of libcurl have a
compile-time option to link against the ARES library, which allows
it to perform the lookups asynchronously.

It is also possible to call ARES directly from Free Pascal,
here is an example:
  http://houston.quik.com/jkp/ares_pas.pp