[fpc-pascal]FCL-Sample required, please!

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Tue Oct 31 09:43:55 CET 2000

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Rainer Hantsch wrote:

> Hello, everybody!
>
> Since a lot of time I am trying to write FPC programs which use MySQL in
> the background.
>
> Well, there exists a sample from Michael V.C., which shows a very basic
> way of accessing MySQL. It works, but very complicated.

Complicated ?! The most basic example !?

I've made it even more basic:

program mtest;

uses db,sysutils,mysqldb;

Var
  Data : TMysqldataset;
  I,Count : longint;

begin
  if paramcount<>4 then
    begin
    Writeln ('Usage : mtest db user pwd sql');
    Halt(1);
    end;
  Data:=TMysqlDataset.Create(Nil);
  With Data do
    begin
    Database:=Paramstr(1);
    User:=Paramstr(2);
    PassWord := Paramstr(3);
    SQL.text := Paramstr(4);
    Open;
    While NOT EOF do
      begin
      With Fields do
      For I:=0 to FieldCount-1 do
        Writeln(Fields[i].FieldName:20,': ',Fields[i].AsString);
      Next;
      end;
    Free;
    end;
end.
More simple than this is not possible.

> Since a while I hear and read that FCL shall support MySQL. However, I
> have never seen a sample program compareaable to the good old
> "testdb", but written in FCL, nor any documentation on FCL anyway.

Documentation on FCL is being written. It's a lot of work.

Michael.