[fpc-other] GIT versioning server on Raspberry Pi?

wkitty42 at windstream.net wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Jun 7 21:01:06 CEST 2017

On 06/07/2017 04:49 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2017-06-07 08:24, Giuliano Colla wrote:
>> One of the important things of programming, both for economical reasons
>> and for better quality, is to be able to reuse code modules.
>
> Strange that in my 25+ years of programming I have never needed that. Somehow
> I always managed just fine, and relied or more reliable sources of
> information for version control and reusable code modules.

as an old coder who only recently started to just barely dabble with version
control systems, timestamps are/were extremely important for the reasons others
have given... mainly being able to tell code libraries age and how well tested
they have been since they were written and put into use...

FWIW: i still don't fully understand VCSes and find myself, more times than not,
copying a code file to another name to save its current form before modifying it...