[fpc-other] [fpc-pascal] Delphi for Linux is out

noreply at z505.com noreply at z505.com
Wed Apr 12 15:41:17 CEST 2017

On 2017-03-23 07:36, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 23.03.2017 13:26, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>> * - place with whatever name suites you.
>
> Anders Hejlsberg :)
>
> -Michael

They guy created C#, not such a great language IMO,

I'm not certain Anders H is actually who really made delphi what it
is...

I think borland did it together and too much respect is given to Anders.

Think of it this way: Delphi 5/6/7 were basically the best versions or
most widely used versions of delphi, not the versions that Anders ever
worked on AFAIK. Can't remember but I don't think Anders even worked
there during the delphi 6/7 days. Too lazy to look up the history of it
all.

But TurboPascal was indeeed a cool product. But Delphi 2/3/4, who really
used those? Maybe total commander is still written in it, but most
people and projects all over the net that came like wild fire were the
delphi 5/6/7 projects.

Then there was the whole issue of uncommented source code... Does God
not comment source? Anders wrote turbopascal in uncommented assembly...
so borland had to change their ways and make delphi maintainable
product, not an uncommented assembly source... But just my opinion. I
might get sent to hell for criticizing GOD. People have also said that
Christian Ghisler is God, which may be true. Some Russians I think said
it on the total commander forums. Then there are the Emacs author must
be God conspiracy theories, which I will not subscribe to.  Heck, the
joke is that half of these people who are claimed to be GOD are
atheists/antitheists. But technically if God does not have a god above
him, he really is an atheist/antitheist because he believes he has no
god. Irony for you..

No really just watch the recursion in The Thirteenth Floor movie.. there
may be multiple Gods which almost seems Pagan, not christian, not
Jewish, and, not Islam.

But we do know if there is a god: he is a criminal, is a voyeur, and
likely should be taken to court and put on trial for being a pervert
with a spy cam on the universe.  Possibly the CIA, or NSA, an elite club
of likely mentally ill stalkers and perverts.

For the Germans out there, World On A Wire is likely a better movie than
The Thirteenth Floor, but, I like both films almost equally.