[fpc-other] [fpc-pascal] Google Code closing down

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Mon Mar 16 13:35:32 CET 2015

On 16/03/2015 09:23, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> "As the majority of developers would tell you, Git is simply the better
> product at this stage".

That I can live with.

There is a 2nd potential point of confusion to it.

"better product", simply means: Compared to others it scores better on
more use cases.

It does no mean (at least not to me), that it is better for *all* (or
very high percentage [1])  use cases.

I did myself mix that up in my previous reply.

----
[1]
This in not to say, it could not be a high percentage, it just says that
the phrase does not necessarily mean this.

For example (assuming you use a provider, and do not have to set up the
server). The learning curve for an absolute newly is higher for GIT than
far SVN.

Different people learn in different ways. There will be a fair share of
people for whom taking their first steps into using a repository is
better done with a simpler system. (Just for the learning, but it still
is a valid use case)