[fpc-other] Google Code closing down

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-other at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Mar 15 14:54:14 CET 2015

Paul Breneman wrote:
> On 03/15/2015 05:44 AM, Florian Klämpfl wrote:
>> Am 15.03.2015 um 11:10 schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
>>> NOBODY I
>>> know has ever considered going back to SubVersion after using Git.
>>
>> Good to know that upper case NOBODY includes me :)
>
> Here is a simple introduction to git (as well as Linux, Python, Vim):
>   http://levinux.com
>
> I'd like to do something similar for FPC & Lazarus (as mentioned before
> in these forums).
>
> It is sad to see the tone of these Git vs SubVersion messages...

Let's put it this way: I don't think that anybody is advocating
Subversion in a way that would raise eyebrows if a potential employer
came across this thread via Google.

My position is that I'd tolerate almost anything- cvs, rcs- provided
that the political and contractual terms were acceptable. I suppose that
for small and slow-moving projects a hybrid approach would be possible:
apply patches to a local VCS, and then dump that to an ISP's HTTP or FTP
server nightly.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk