[fpc-other] Programming Language Index (tiobe index)

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Tue Oct 26 14:55:03 CEST 2010

Am 26.10.2010 14:50, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:

> Top 20 languages for 2010 so far:
>   http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html
>

> Hey, Delphi (aka Object Pascal) is 12th - that's not bad, though its
> ranking is falling. :-(  But again, look at that spike back in 2005. Just
> shows what new management can do.

What new management? CodeGear was announced by the beginning of 2006 and
Delphi was sold in 2008. However I admit, I cannot give any reason for
the spike in 2004/2005. I noticed it already years ago and didn't find
any reason so far. By the fall of 2004 Delphi 2005 was release, but why
should it cause such a peak?