[fpc-other]reputation of Pascal

Jonas Maebe Jonas.Maebe@rug.ac.be
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 12:34:43 +0200 (MEST)

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Andreas K. Foerster wrote:

> What else could we do for the reputation of Pascal?

Personally, I couldn't care less about the reputation of Pascal :) It's
the language I first learned and of all languages I know (Pascal, C, C++,
Java, Haskel, Prolog) it's the one in which i can express my thoughts the
best. I think you should always use the language you're most comfortable
with or because it's the best for a certain purpose, not because other
people think it's cool or not.

Regarding the fact that most Pascal implementations are not standardized:
that simply a fact you can't do much about. It is obviously a negative
point, but that doesn't mean the language (or dialect) itself is bad.

Jonas