[fpc-devel] Twice stored record RTTI data

Maciej Izak hnb.code at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 14:22:52 CET 2016

> One could say that in case of FPC the name "ManagedFldCount" isn't quite
> correct ;)

Maybe is good idea to adjust this? Storing unmanaged fields info as managed
fields in RTTI table is a little confusing... There is no gain from storing
unmanaged fields in that way. Any additional RTTI information for records
should be stored in separated place. For now we have:

-Incorrect generated RTTI table with confusing naming
-More incompatible Delphi RTTI
-Bigger RTTI table
-For low level solutions is required additionally (unintuitive) check to
confirm field stored inside managed fields array as managed field (!sic) :\

we should do the things in proper way. that can't be explained as "by
design".

--
Best regards,
Maciej Izak