[fpc-devel] Suggestion: reference counted objects

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 22 19:29:07 CEST 2014

Am 22.09.2014 18:52 schrieb "Boian Mitov" <mitov at mitov.com>:

> Attributes are actually one of the biggest revolutions in computing IMHO.
> Pascal has one of the oldest, and lets admit it not the prettiest syntax.
If we want to keep something in as un-pretty shape, we surely can, but
should it be a goal?
> Adding new keywords to any language pollutes the language, and is widely
considered to be a bad practice. It should be avoided whenever possible
IMHO.

The point is: attributes would only be enabled by default in the Delphi
modes (and once I add a Delphi7 mode not even there), but classes affect at
least the ObjFPC and MacPas modes as well. So there *must* be a possibility
to achieve "weak"-marking (if we decide to support it) in those modes and
others were a developer enables only modeswitch "class", but not attributes.

Regards,
Sven