[fpc-devel] Suggestion: reference counted objects

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Sep 22 10:20:29 CEST 2014

On 09/21/2014 07:17 PM, Boian Mitov wrote:
> In general I would prefer to see this implemented with attributes
> rather than with new keywords.
Yet another attribute to "class".

This might (re-)trigger thought about a complete rework of of
record-enhancing types and allow for the "record" and "object" type
definitions to be appropriately attributed (e.g. "static") "class"es.

Hence we would attributed to define classes that reside in unmodifyable
memory (const), static memory (global), heap without ref-counting and
heap with ref-counting (automatic).

-Michael