[fpc-devel] "make all install" from trunk fails

Vsevolod Alekseyev sevaa at sprynet.com
Wed Oct 8 19:09:19 CEST 2014

I've started with a full release install - that's where c:\FPC\2.6.4
came from. I have fpcmake under 2.6.4, but it looks like the makefile
under trunk\rtl insists on using the trunk fpcmake. Which is not being
built.

Maybe "bootstrap" was a poor choice of word.

Defining FPCMAKE to point at 2.6.4 doesn't change anything; "make
install" gives the same message.

I did resolve it, however, somehow. Before erroring out, my previous
make invokations have copied the compiler itself in 2.7.1\bin folder.
Running "make install" in rtl copied enough of the the RTL into 2.7.1,
too. Then trunk\packages and trunk\utils built and installed fine.