[fpc-devel] Can't build FPC what can be a reason?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Apr 12 08:56:09 CEST 2011

In our previous episode, Paul Ishenin said:
> > can't see any other revision from yesterday that could introduce such a
> > bug.
>
> I also reviewed and can't see a problem there too.
>
> Anyway, the merge touch more files than it should:
> /trunk/packages/fcl-xml/tests/README_DOM.txt
> /trunk/packages/unzip/src/unzip51g.pp
> /trunk/packages/winunits-base/src/dwmapi.pp
>
> Also I noticed that ppu structer has changed but ppu version is not
> increased and ppudump is not adapted. But this can't affect the
> compilation the way it do.

(unzip51g is a different problem probably. It is a package whose properties
went wrong during branching or shortly thereafter. IIRC it has separate
mergeinfo property.

I fixed this about half an year ago for the main branches, but forward
branches might still contain it.

The change in unzip51g is the updating of the mergeinfo)