[fpc-devel] Alternative parsers

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Oct 21 15:21:21 CEST 2010

Dimitri Smits schrieb:

> as for the linking of C++/FPC:
> good argument, but then your fpc-compiled c++ will be incompatible with everything else. Come to think of it, no 2 C++ compilers mangle the same due to VMT and other abi-stuff anyway.

+1

C++ is not only a different syntax, it also comes with its own standard
libraries, object model, templates and more. Java and C# also come with
their own memory management (garbage collection). Such features are
incompatible with the FPC model, and IMO would require something like
P++ or P# languages and compilers, before we can think about such
language integration at all.

If somebody wants to start his own FPC++ or FPC# project, he should know
that there is near nothing that could be borrowed from the FPC
implementation or libraries.

DoDi