[fpc-devel] Alternative parsers

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Thu Oct 21 08:54:46 CEST 2010

Am 20.10.2010 10:07, schrieb Michael Schnell:
> but this would be a lot better than the
> current situation where linking FPC and C++ is completely impossible due
> to the different ABI.

Really? How does accessing Qt then work? Do you know more than me? Did I
dream that Lazarus has a Qt widget set? Even more: who does the
compilation of e.g.
http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk/tests/test/cg/tcppcl1.pp in the
daily testsuite runs?

The tests (which cover only part of the cppclass support in FPC) are one
of the reality checks for your hypotheses about the usefulness of a
crippled C++ front end. And they show: crippled C++ support is not
needed, cppclasses is basically not used by anybody as far as I know.