[fpc-devel] Blackfin support

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Jul 12 11:12:46 CEST 2010

  On 07/10/2010 12:40 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> Let me know if you (or somebody else) has more concrete plans on the
> integration of a new CPU.
I remember some discussions about doing a MIPS / PIC32 port recently
> I just stripped down the machine files for a no_cpu machine (all
> fakes), with some documentation about the required units etc.
Is this based on what we already have for X86, ARM, etc, or does it
"fork" to another set of ARC implementations ? If "fork", is it intended
/ viable to move the existing implementations into that scheme ?

> An implementation of a new CPU, based on that skeleton, would rise the
> priority for further explorations and documentation.

No idea in what state the structure / documentation of the existing
fully supported implementations such as x86 and ARM is.

-Michael