[fpc-devel] Blackfin support

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Jul 10 12:40:48 CEST 2010

Michael Schnell schrieb:

> In fact I did a (quite low priority) research on how to port FPC to a
> new CPU such as NIOS and Blackfin and found that it of course is doable
> somehow. While NIOS seems to look more doable, as it's quite similar to
> MIPS (and ARM), Blackfin has a much more complex instruction set with a
> huge potential for low-level optimization. Thus I suppose Blackfin is
> quite hard to do.

Let me know if you (or somebody else) has more concrete plans on the
integration of a new CPU. I just stripped down the machine files for a
no_cpu machine (all fakes), with some documentation about the required
units etc.  An implementation of a new CPU, based on that skeleton,
would rise the priority for further explorations and documentation.

I already have more suggestions for easier implementation of new machines...

DoDi