[fpc-devel] On code cleanup

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun May 3 11:30:07 CEST 2009

In our previous episode, Jonas Maebe said:

> I'm not sure. But if they should be done, now would probably be a good
> time given that merging from trunk to fixes is already fairly hard
> anyway (at least for the compiler), and I don't really see a 2.2.6
> happening (although I'm sure other developers disagree with the latter).

(I don't think the situation with 2.2.6 changed from the one with 2.2.4. I
don't see a 2.4 release within the year happening. And a 2.2.6 with only
library fixes is better than no release for over an year (*) )

> There's no real standard in FPC regarding the casing of class/function
> names. Some files use camel case, others lowercase, and a few Java-
> style (first character lower case, rest camel case). I personally
> prefer lowercase these days.

I don't care much about reformattings either. As long as the block structure
is readable, which is also the only case I would like an exception: some
codebases don't put begin on a newline. Ugh.

(*) And that's a planning year. So the usual release delays excluded.