[fpc-devel] Re: Multi threading support

Boian Mitov mitov at mitov.com
Thu Jul 31 23:14:41 CEST 2008

   Jonas,

Thank you!
I disagree with your definition of what is optimisation, but I accept the
FPC as it is. Being aware of the way it is implemented in FPC is very
important to the other developers, and I was just making them aware of the
danger. I am not saying you are doing it wrong (At least not any more), I am
warning them that the problem exists, and they have to take some measures
not get burned. I have taken such measures already, and the code seems to
work with the workarounds I have implemented.
I don't understand why you are reacting as if I am offending you when I am
simply pointing that the specific implementation of the refference counting
leads to unexpected side effects, and certain measures should be taken
especially if you use the interfaces for thread locking. If there is nothing
wrong with that why you are behaving so defensively? Nobody is attacking
you.

  With best regards,
    Boian Mitov

Mitov Software