[fpc-devel] Re: Multi threading support

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Jul 31 23:06:58 CEST 2008

On 31 Jul 2008, at 14:07, Boian Mitov wrote:

> BTW: As it was discussed a while ago this does not work so well with
> Lazarus due to some "optimizations" they do with when a reference is
> decremented.

No, as explained roughly ten times by now it's due to some
optimisations which we do *not* do, and that assumption is wrong in
Delphi as well because this particular optimisation is simply unsafe
in certain cases. So please, finally, stop propagating and endlessly
repeating this misinformation.

See http://www.hu.freepascal.org/lists/fpc-devel/2008-June/014005.html
for the full explanation.

Jonas