[fpc-devel] Linux kernel behaviour change regarding keyboard

Ales( Katona almindor at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 19:36:47 CEST 2007

And to add to my last setuid stuff.. I think that if we properly audit
the IDE code so that:

a) fpc is called in the uid of the original ide starter
b) the "console" is run in the uid of the original ide starter
c) compiler programs are called in the uid of the original IDE starter

I think it's ok to use setuid after these. Ofcourse, depending on how
the IDE executes all the externals, it might be a trouble. But if we do
some typical fork, it shouldn't be so difficult (I'm willing to do this
should we decide to go this route).

Ales