[fpc-devel] Running test suite for 2.1.4 on linux/sparc

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon Jul 16 16:16:02 CEST 2007

On 16 Jul 2007, at 16:12, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> Incidentally, something curious here. You might remember that a
> week ago I was getting stuck on the inconsistent register-
> assignment nasty, I built and installed an apparently-working 2.1.4
> shortly after you pointed out that it tended to be a transiant
> problem. Odd thing is that since that point I've gone through the
> entire exercise a second time- 2.0.0 binary compiling 2.0.4 hence
> compiling 2.1.4, and the 2.1.4 compilation hadn't failed.

I know, it only happens intermittently (in a way that suggests an
uninitialised variable or memory localtion), but have no idea what
it's caused by. Valgrind doesn't find anything in an i386 to sparc
cross compiler, so it's probably an error somewhere in the sparc code
generator (or in a sparc rtl assembler routine)

Jonas