[fpc-devel] fpdoc HTML with search feature

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 09:33:54 CEST 2007

On 16/08/07, Sebastian Günther <sguenther at gmx.de> wrote:
> (especially for HTMLHelp output) and so on, but within the last years I
> simply had no time for further development, but this will change in the
> future.

That's always good to here...

> >   Are you the Sebastian that originally wrote fpGUI and fpGFX?
>
> Yes.

In that case, I have to give you a BIG thanks! :) Your idea with fpGUI
is what is paying my salary now. I continued development of your code
for about a year, just as a hobby.  About two months ago we evaluated
fpGUI for use in our commercial software. I got the go ahead and
started active development working full time on it for the last two
months now. I rewrote fpGUI (and the fpGFX backend) from scratch,
implementing new design ideas and basing the widgets on a 'windowed'
design. Every widget has a window handle. Things are looking great at
the moment. :)

> will follow. Now we know that there is no clear favourite. By now I'm
> more in favourite of a higher-level framework which can utilize GTK, Qt,
> Win32, WPF, XUL, DHTML or even fpGUI/fpGFX in a modernized fashion. The
> toolkit itself isn't as important anymore, IMHO.

For my employer, being able to have a GUI framework looking and
working identical on all platforms was the major selling point. The
Lazarus LCL did not work for us. Being able to customize everything,
having a very small 3rdParty library requirement and being implemented
in Object Pascal (the only language we now use) was another big bonus.

fpGUI has been revived and lives on!  :-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -