[fpc-devel] New to list

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Sun Jul 16 16:55:23 CEST 2006

Op Sun, 16 Jul 2006, schreef Bart Hotmail:

> > Check the wiki article "Single assignment", which deals about the
> > subject.
> I have done a substantial deal of reading on optimizing and SSA already.
> And the fpc source seems a nice start to get at it :).
> However i need to get to know the source better.
>
> > What document are you referring to, Comparch.pdf?
> I am referring to the wiki of course :).

That is a user initiative. I expect it will occasionally be improved by
people.

> > During normal development, we are contiuously doing changes to get the
> > code cleaner and actually
>
> On what part is the majority of work being done at the moment?
> (Guess it's not the scanner & parser).

That is right, because the scanner and parser have reached a very stable
state, they can parse the Pascal language and only need to be changed
for new language features which can be easily added in the current
structure.

> > ...I'm reasonably satisfied with the cleanness of the
> > code at the moment: We have a very clean code generator structure, the
> > code is reasonably well documented, OOP is used were appropriate, etc.
>

> Sounds interesting :). I didnt get to the code generator yet (the internals
> wiki
> does not cover it). Is there other documentation on the "code generator
> structure"?

My OSNews article contains the general idea how it works, but detailed
documentation doesn't exist yet at this time.

Daniël