[fpc-devel] New to list

Bart Hotmail bart_van_den_broek at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 16 16:36:13 CEST 2006

> Check the wiki article "Single assignment", which deals about the subject.
I have done a substantial deal of reading on optimizing and SSA already.
And the fpc source seems a nice start to get at it :).
However i need to get to know the source better.

> What document are you referring to, Comparch.pdf?
I am referring to the wiki of course :).

>During normal development, we are contiuously doing changes to get the
>code cleaner and actually

On what part is the majority of work being done at the moment?
(Guess it's not the scanner & parser).

>...I'm reasonably satisfied with the cleanness of the
>code at the moment: We have a very clean code generator structure, the
>code is reasonably well documented, OOP is used were appropriate, etc.

Sounds interesting :). I didnt get to the code generator yet (the internals
wiki
does not cover it). Is there other documentation on the "code generator
structure"?

>However, there is always room for improvement and indeed there exist a
>few very long procedures.

Well in the end i can get use to anything. But i available for giving
feedback on
design improvements.

Bart.