[fpc-pascal] Cross-building on from Linux/i386 to Linux/x86-64

patspiper patspiper at gmail.com
Wed May 8 19:31:01 CEST 2013

On 08/05/13 16:45, Marco van de Voort wrote:
>>> It was the best that could be done then.
>> The best that could have been done was to add -Xd to CROSSOPT, not to
>> OPT.
> IIRC that didn't exist outside cycle then.
>
>>> And it did work, because back then,
>>> with the exception of darwin, nothing run on host linked to libc,
>>> thus not
>>> needing those paths. That has only changed very recently.
>> You're right. But in that case I don't understand why -Xt was also
>> present, given that this option only applies to C libraries as well.
> Neither do I. It is not an option that I regularly use. Maybe it was a
> workaround for the problems where later -Xr (rlink-path) was added for. IOW
> cross-shared linking wasn't so easy then.
>
> Anyway, I'll update and play with it in the coming times. I had already
> planned to spend some time on the buildfaq, and this is good training.

I have a flexible script based on that which I am currently tweaking to
make it work again. Once I am more or less satisfied with it, and if you
are interested, I can send it to you. I burned my fingers with cross
compiler building until Jonas saved my day. Maybe I can save others the
same grief.

Stephano