[fpc-pascal] installing FPC 2.6.0 on OS/2

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Sat Jan 14 02:22:02 CET 2012

On 13 Jan 12, at 18:24, Tomas Hajny wrote:
> On Fri, January 13, 2012 16:48, waldo kitty wrote:
> > On 1/13/2012 05:40, Tomas Hajny wrote:
> >> On Fri, January 13, 2012 11:27, waldo kitty wrote:
 .
 .
> > when i looked at it just now, the LIBPATH is set to h:\fp\2.6.0\bin\dll
> > when it
> > should have been set to h:\fp\2.6.0\dll... i had noted this difference
> > when i
> > made the edit because it should have been a simple modification of the
> > existing
> > 2.4.2 entries...
>
> Strange. Looking at the installer sources, I don't understand how it could
> behave that way. I'll recheck it and let you know the results.
 .
 .

Unfortunately, there's a bug in the installer indeed resulting in
suggesting a wrong directory setting for LIBPATH. :-(

The problem only exists for people not having the respective
libraries in LIBPATH from some other activities. I fixed the problem
and uploaded a fixed installer to the FPC FTP server (but you
obviously don't need to use it any longer since the only error was a
wrong text in the message box and you already have the right version
set in your CONFIG.SYS file).

Sorry for the troubles and thanks for notifying me about the issue

Tomas