[fpc-pascal] The new Delphi 2010 RTTI

Alex Shishkin alexvins at mail.ru
Mon Jan 10 14:46:18 CET 2011

> As an example, your
> proposal would imply that no external calls whatsoever would be possible
> (including calls to external libraries due to them using different calling
> conventions, etc.).
>
> Tomas

By the way despite the fact that static linking to external libraries
will be impossible, but dynamic linking could be implemented. Anyway I
understand that platform independence of code imposes certain
restrictions and that restrictions impact on application design. F.e.
interface to external platform dependent systems should be isolated in
separate package (as I wrote about LCL and its widget sets). But I think
it makes design better.

Alex