[fpc-pascal] The new Delphi 2010 RTTI

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Mon Jan 10 14:03:28 CET 2011

On Mon, January 10, 2011 13:46, alexvins at mail.ru wrote:
> 10.01.2011 15:31, Marco van de Voort пи�о�:
>> In our previous episode, alexvins at mail.ru said:
>>> But I want packages to be binary portable between OS (on target
>>> processor architecture)
>> That's effectively not possible with all OSes providing such emulation
>> ABI.
>>
>> Esperanto for OSes so to speak.
>>
> Does "inefficiently" meansperformance decreaseis this case? Is it
> significant?

If you refer to the word "effectively" stated by Marco, it probably meant
"in effect", not "efficiently" (although such a solution would not be
efficient either as mentioned by Marco's response). As an example, your
proposal would imply that no external calls whatsoever would be possible
(including calls to external libraries due to them using different calling
conventions, etc.).

Tomas