[fpc-devel] "Blank slate" next version of FPC

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 15 10:56:36 CET 2019

Am Fr., 15. Feb. 2019, 10:07 hat James via fpc-devel <
fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org> geschrieben:

> I'm interested in starting (or joining) a discussion on the next (*non*
> backwards compatible) version of FPC. Instead of being classically object
> oriented, there is merit in examining a model with ad-hoc polymorphism like
> Rust.

A non backwards compatible version of FPC would not be FPC.

If you want to discuss singular extensions of the language (in a backwards
compatible way that respects the spirit of the existing language) that can
be done, but I highly doubt that a complete remodelling of the language
just to satisfy the next hype language is in the interest of the other core
devs (it definitely isn't in mine).

Regards,
Sven