[fpc-devel] Porting fpc to linux-sparc64

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Mon May 29 13:38:48 CEST 2017

On 29/05/17 11:12, Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) wrote:
> Hi,
> On Mon, 29 May 2017, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>> My recollection is that the SPARC64 code generator is immature,> hopefully Jonas will comment on that.
> Not sure what "immature" means, granted, I don't know anything aboutSPARC, but from what I see, FPC definitely handles SPARC as a 32bit onlyarchitecture now. All the definitions in fpcdefs.inc hardwires CPUsettings as 32bit, it doesn't seem to know about a 64bit ALU,sparc/cpubase has only sizes defined as 32bit, etc.
> And I can't see a separate SVN branch for 64bit either. So I'd say it'ssimply "not there"?

I /thought/ that there used to be something, and that I'd discussed it
briefly some while ago with Jonas. After all, we're probably the last
people to still have a (small) number of desktop systems, and it seems
to be me who's caused most of the hassle about the architecture over the
years :-)

I notice that Jonas commented recently
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=36272.0

--