[fpc-devel] Porting fpc to linux-sparc64

Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Mon May 29 13:07:11 CEST 2017

Hi,

On Mon, 29 May 2017, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> My recollection is that the SPARC64 code generator is immature,
> hopefully Jonas will comment on that.

Not sure what "immature" means, granted, I don't know anything about
SPARC, but from what I see, FPC definitely handles SPARC as a 32bit only
architecture now. All the definitions in fpcdefs.inc hardwires CPU
settings as 32bit, it doesn't seem to know about a 64bit ALU,
sparc/cpubase has only sizes defined as 32bit, etc.

And I can't see a separate SVN branch for 64bit either. So I'd say it's
simply "not there"?

Charlie