[fpc-devel] First pas2js public release

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Dec 20 09:59:45 CET 2017

On 19.12.2017 10:40, Lukasz Sokol wrote:
> If I Understand This Correctly, pas2js treated program would run in a
> browser, client side only ? And does not care what the server is,
> because it does not run on server ?
That is of course correct and it is why I offered the sentence in brackets.

Right now it's completely up to the application programmer to do the two
parts of the application and to mange the communication between them.

But it would be a viable task for Lazarus (ow whomever) to provide a
"standard" Methodology / Library / IDE integration to allow for
splitting a "normal" application in such parts.

I understand that Microsoft (quite promising but finally rather
unsuccessfully) had this in mind with Silverlight (C# running seamlessly
in a browser).

-Michael