[fpc-devel] Re: FPC related fairy tale

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Oct 19 13:10:04 CEST 2012

On 10/18/2012 05:58 PM, Sven Barth wrote:
>  Pierre was right. M68k is BACK!
GREAT ! Thanks a lot.

We just developed a board featuring a "Fido" chip by Innovasic. The
prototype is sitting on my desk since the beginning of this week.

Fido is a very nice upgrade to the Mortorola 68332 chip
(hardware-multi-threaded <i.e. five automatically switching register
sets>,  66 MHz instead of 16, four versatile 8 Bit coprocessors instead
of one "Time machine coprocessor", two DMA controllers instead of none,
a decent amount of internal memory, external SDRAM possible, ...).

So I would able and happy to do some tests with the 68 K cross-compiler,
if same can do code for a no-MMU hardware without a "normal" OS.

-Michael