[fpc-devel] Bounty for MIPS

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Jan 29 15:18:40 CET 2012

Florian Klämpfl wrote:
> Main problem with MIPS is to get hands on a reasonable development
> system (full fledged unix like Debian Linux, *BSD, CPU in the range of 1
> GHz, 128 MB or more RAM, at least 1 GB of HD/SSD). Cross compiling is
> possible of course, but it makes testing and bug fixing very tedious. If
> ssh to such a system is available, I'll look into fixing the MIPS port
> without any bounty.

My experience is that Qemu's support of a MIPS target isn't bad,
although what I've done so far has been cross-hosted which was certainly
good enough for compilation of e.g. the compiler in isolation.

Didn't somebody already have loan hardware for this?

I'd certainly be happy to continue chugging away at testing once the
assembler reader issue was sorted out- at least until the next
insurmountable problem :-)

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk