[fpc-devel] Building FPC on SPARC Solaris

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 12:39:02 CET 2012

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Just a note to confirm that FPC 2.6.0 builds and installs from source on
> SPARC Solaris 10 and 8. I had to revert from 2.5.1 to 2.4.4 on one
> machine before it would compile, the other was still on 2.4.2.
>
> I am definitely not complaining, but purely for information I note that
> the fp IDE isn't built (was OK with 2.4), and that all make operations
> require NOGDB=1 (etc.) even though this is only referenced by the fp

NOGDB might have been a phantom, possibly caused by the version of
compiler I was using to do the build.

> build makefile. I've not investigated whether there are any code
> generation bugfixes that haven't got into 2.6, if anybody wants me to
> look in more detail please say.
>
> I might be having problems getting Lazarus back up, but I'll discuss
> this elsewhere if necessary.

Any problems I was having were apparently caused by a missing
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, without which Lazarus and/or the LCL can't find
libcairo.so.2 etc.

I note that Solaris on SPARC doesn't require the -Xn option to force use
of Solaris's native linker, I've updated the Wiki accordingly.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk