[fpc-devel] Building FPC on SPARC Solaris

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Feb 2 19:45:02 CET 2012

Just a note to confirm that FPC 2.6.0 builds and installs from source on
SPARC Solaris 10 and 8. I had to revert from 2.5.1 to 2.4.4 on one
machine before it would compile, the other was still on 2.4.2.

I am definitely not complaining, but purely for information I note that
the fp IDE isn't built (was OK with 2.4), and that all make operations
require NOGDB=1 (etc.) even though this is only referenced by the fp
build makefile. I've not investigated whether there are any code
generation bugfixes that haven't got into 2.6, if anybody wants me to
look in more detail please say.

I might be having problems getting Lazarus back up, but I'll discuss
this elsewhere if necessary.

For the record, I've not got an x86-64 Solaris system here, and I've
never been anywhere near Solaris on zSeries despite mentioning it
recently :-)

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk