[fpc-devel] INCLUDESTRINGFILE patch.

Den cyraid at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 21:48:42 CET 2012

Hi all,

     I must say, it is actually quite fun to be a part of the FPC
Developers mailing list, I don't know why I didn't join sooner. Quite
interesting conversations and ideas, a little bit of bickering but very
understanding people in general, I like it.  I want to add my two cents
before continuing to the point of this email:

   - I do like the FPC Community development style.  This means that if
I want a feature I can add it myself, which I've done.  All it takes is
a proposal, some others come in with similar experience with Pascal and
recommend a few fair changes which all makes sense.

   - Florian is correct.  It's quite easy to make a compiler.  If you
need it, just build it.  I've made a Virtual Compiler of a programming
language I invented in the past, which had it's own Virtual Runtime
(executed with Assembly of course) for FUN.  It really isn't that hard.
The one difference is, with Free Pascal, you get to be a part of a group
which is fun.

Now down to the actual point of the email:

   -- May I get my patch here (
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=21848) approved and in trunk?
I've been using it in 2.6.x and 2.7.x for awhile now and it works quite
nicely.  I did the INCLUDESTRINGFILE as requested. ^_^

     Anyway, I must say I love the targetandroid branch so far.  I've
got my Project working using Google's libandroid_native_app_glue.a, and
my Game Engine works nicely on Linux/Android (with setup for Windows and
iPhone coming soon).  Keep up the great work everyone. Can't wait to see
targetandroid merged with trunk!

- Dennis Fehr