[fpc-devel] New FPC target: JVM

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 17:02:17 CEST 2011

On 20 August 2011 13:30, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> I ask because Android does not use Java Bytecode, it has it's own,
> completely different bytecode.

Why did Google do that? Why not stay with the standardized Java and
get the benefits of all existing Java and Mobile Java apps?

Sometimes these software vendors can be really brain dead! They just
love proprietary or incompatible stuff. Java was designed to be
compatible on all platforms, now Android calls it "java", but it's not
compatible with Sun/Oracle's Java. This sounds just like what
Microsoft did years ago - luckily Sun put a stop to that.

I don't know much about Android, but just when I thought it sounded
great, I hear things like this. :-(

  - Graeme -