[fpc-devel] FCL Thread-safety

Nikolai Zhubr zhubr at mail.ru
Wed Jan 27 02:08:37 CET 2010

Hello people,

Is FCL thread-safe?
To be more precise, what I mean is the following. I'm going to create 2
(or more) components so that they are completely unrelated to each other
in _my_ code and use them separately within different threads
(implemented as TThread descendants if it matters) with no
syncronization/serialization whatsoever. Can I be sure that such
components will not interfere each other implicitely (somewhere deep
inside the FCL)?

And just in case someone knows, will zeoslib components be thread-safe
in the same sense? From a brief look, zeoslib doesn't use global
variables too much, so I suppose zeoslib thread-safety mostly depends on
the FCL thread-safety. (Except that zeoslib's internal library loader
seems definitely not thread-safe, but this is no problem because
normally it should only be used once at the very beginning)

Thank you!

Nikolai