[fpc-devel] libgdb: preferred version and whence?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Sep 23 00:02:54 CEST 2008

Jonas Maebe wrote:
> On 22 Sep 2008, at 19:21, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>
>> Referring again to gdbint.pp I see this:
>>
>> { 6.5.x }
>> {$ifdef GDB_V605}
>> {$endif def GDB_V605}
>>
>> { 6.6.x }
>> {$ifdef GDB_V606}
>> {$endif def GDB_V605}
>>
>> { 6.7.x }
>> {$ifdef GDB_V607}
>> {$endif def GDB_V605}
>>
>> Am I correct in assuming that the text after the $endif is purely
>> documentary, or is it used somewhere in the build process?
>
> It is purely documentary and entirely ignored by the compiler. I can't
> help with the libgdb stuff though.

The Debian source package appears to basically be gdb which builds
libgdb as a side-effect. It compiles OK on an ARM but there are errors
when I try to use it as part of the fpc build with "GDB_V607=1" (which
seemed like a good starting position).

I'll look around for 6.7 and try building it on i386 and SPARC before
having another attempt on ARM.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk