[fpc-devel] Russian locale information not compatible withFPClocale variables

Boian Mitov mitov at mitov.com
Wed Jul 30 17:35:07 CEST 2008

    Hi Joost,

Actually the trend started probably ~10-15 years ago with the DSP
processors. Then along came Transmeta, and the Itanium, then there ware the
GPUs including from NVidia, and there is PlayStation 3. They all use this
type of approach. The first massive multicore I am aware of is the new Sparc
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UltraSPARC_T1 and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UltraSPARC_T2 from SUN. Intel actually is
playing a bit of a catch-up game. The shared memory however has worked
perfectly for the DSPs for many years, so it has for the Itanium, Crusoe,
the GPUs, and PlayStation. The future is not likely to be in faster systems,
but in more cores. This seems to be the consensus lately among the processor
architects. Intel already demonstrated 100+ core processor last year. This
year we expect the first 16 core processors to hit the market ( 8 HT cores),
and the direction is very clear. Any compiler vendor, or developer, should
at least be paying attention ;-) .

  With best regards,
    Boian Mitov

Mitov Software