[fpc-devel] Lazarus: A new widgest set

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Feb 15 11:51:35 CET 2008

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 10:25:11 +0100
Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:

> > The IDE does not compile the LCL automatically, so the
> > interfaces.ppu was not created. You can compile the new widgetset
> > with 'configure build lazarus'.
> >
> I just tried to do "clean up and build all" in 'configure build
> Lazarus'. This seems to have no different effect.
>
> In two locations in 'configure build Lazarus' a widget set can be
> selected, but to me it seems that this setting influences the way the
> Lazarus executables are built so that their GUI is using this widget
> set (I don't understand why there are -two_locations, though). This
> is why I don't dare to set it: the result will not work.
>
> I suppose when one of the settings is meant to define the widget sets
> that are available to be selected for the target architecture,  there
> should be multiple checkboxes and not just a single selection.
>
> Which of the two widgetset selections in 'configure build Lazarus'
> should I use (if any).

There are two widgetset setting because you can use two different
widgetsets: design time / IDE and runtime / project.

I setup the 'nogui' widgetset. But I'm not sure if the gain is big
enough to add it as a standard widgetset to the laz sources. Every
extra widgetset confuses users.

Probably you forgot the Makefiles.

Mattias